Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A handmade Christmas

I can finally blog about this now that every one has their christmas gifts. This year I went a little crazy with hand made gifts. EVERYONE got one!

My boys each got a cand made item. I crocheted Sammy a triceratops! It took me forever, but was so worth it. I got the pattern out of those little books they sell in the yarn isle at michael's. it was very easy to follow. I started it when Jake was first born (like 3 weeks old) I finished it when jake was about 2.5 months old. I crocheted between feedings but then started nursing jake and crocheting at the same time. I got pretty good at that!

I made Jacob a plush cube. I crocheted 6 squares of the basket weave stitch. Sewed them together, stuffed it, then tied the centers of the opposing sides together to make it look more like a cube. If you dont tie the opposing side together it looks like a ball. It works great because it's soft, and squishy. And big enough for him to grasp.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Josh and Amy, have a cute little dog named Bella, so for them I crotchets a doggy sweater dress! I made it super girlly by adding ruffles and a bow, and flower buttons. I can't wait to see a pic of her in it! I hope it fits!

My other brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Shane and Kate, received hand made Christmas tree ornaments. I crocheted the first letter of each of their names, including one for their son Michael. They can be hung on their tree but can also be displayed elsewhere.

I had my brother in law, Josh, make my brother's Christmas gift. It's a wood cut out of a wildcat on a UK basketball. You can see more of Josh's work HERE. http://www.etsy.com/shop/RhoadesScrollWorks

My mom and mother-in-law both got calendars that I made on shutterfly. Each one is different. I put everyone's birthdays in it and a bunch of pictures of the boys and us! i even made one for me and Jesse.

For my dad and father-in-law we made cute little foot print crafts. I turned the boys' foot prints into reindeer. I saw the idea on Pinterest. Sammy was super excited to make foot prints like dinosaurs so I can't wait to do more foot print crafts!

Hand made gifts make the holidays super special in my opinion. I'll do it again next year! I think I'll start earlier though!






No comments:

Post a Comment