Thursday, May 22, 2014

Baby Rhoadie

April 16th was my birthday, and on that day we found out that we were going to have a baby. A year ago if you had asked us we would have said we were done having babies. But at the beginning of the year we decided that adding one more to our little family unit would be a good idea. So there we were expecting number 3. I called him/her baby Rhoadie. Sammy insisted that it be a baby sister named Ella. Sammy said that if it was another little boy we would have to give Jacob back to the doctor. 
He's so cute!

We were excited we told lots of people right away. I waited a few weeks to announce on Facebook. We started buying small things like onsies. I even started a few crochet projects. We were starting early because we had gotten rid of all the boys baby stuff before we moved to our new house last fall. And we didn't want to save everything for last minute. 

On Mothers Day I was celebrating my family. I am so very lucky to have them and to get to be their mommy. However, on this very day we lost our baby Rhodie. 

We found out on my birthday that we would have a baby. My Due date was Dec. 29th. And on May 11th Mother's Day baby was gone. I would have been 7 weeks. 

We have talked with my doctor's office and have a plan for when try again. 

We appreciate everyone's kind words and support. I decided to wait to announce it. And a small Facebook status just didn't seem right. Baby Rhoadie deserved more than a depressing one line "we lost our baby" Facebook status. I questioned even announcing it at all. But one of the hardest things with my previous miscarriages would be when those who didn't know asked how the pregnancy was going. I'm hoping this will happen less (not expecting it to never happen) now. 

If anyone has any questions about anything. I would be happy to talk. Sometimes it helps me to help others.

Thanks for listening. Cheers to baby Rhoadie. 

2 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing person!! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I am in awe of your strength. You have so much love and are always so willing to share it with those around you. Your friends and family are so lucky to have you brighten their lives. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete